Friday 10 May 2013

Inside My Makeup Bag: The Essentials

Hello! I think I should introduce myself again since I’ve been away for so long. I’m Sarah and you might remember me from our first blog ‘Get to know us’ from a while back. I’ve been naughty and neglected our blog while Becky has been holding the fort but now I’m back and here to stay. I promise!

The best place to start is with an introduction to my makeup bag which might be the first of a series of ‘Inside My Makeup Bag’ posts (I haven’t decided yet!) So today you can have a sneak peek into my daily essentials, the main products I couldn’t go a day without. Picking my makeup favourites is so difficult, they’re all like my babies and I love them equally but I’ve forced myself to choose three.



(Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Eyes mascara, Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer in 51 Eclat Clair and Clinique Superbalanced foundation in Alabaster)

So there you have it. I just had to get my makeup bag in the photo too as I absolutely love it and want the world to know!

I tend to have a few basics in there that I don’t switch around much, like the Clinique Superbalanced foundation. After going through a phase of trying a different foundation every month or so to find the perfect one, I eventually settled on this one. I do believe that finding the Mr. Right of foundations is a lifelong task but for now, I’m happy. The formula of this foundation is beautifully smooth with great moderate coverage and it does exactly what it sets out to do – it balances! My skin can be a bit of a nightmare, calling it ‘combination skin’ would be an understatement, with oily and dry patches everywhere. So for me, Clinique’s superbalanced is the answer.

Staying with the theme of problem skin, another thing I use without fail on a daily basis is Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer in the lightest shade. This product is something I’ll even wear sometimes when I’m ‘not wearing makeup’ around the house or on the beach. It works miracles in covering up even the angriest of blemishes and it's quite soothing. The only trouble with this one is that it can be drying, which is great for healing spots but not so much on dry patches or under the eyes.

Last but not least, every girl’s favourite makeup essential – mascara. I love trying new mascaras as often as I can and this is the first Lancôme mascara I’ve tried. I’m using Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Eyes mascara at the moment and I’m fairly impressed, but probably wouldn’t buy it again. The brush is thick on one end and tapers into a point which is ideal for bottom lashes, so it creates quite a fluttery-eyed look after a couple of coats. The downside is that it didn’t really hold up my curled lashes or do anything special enough to make me fall in love. Oh, but the packaging is so pretty and it even smells like roses which makes it even harder to give up!

I hope you enjoyed the introduction to me and my makeup bag. Let me know what your essentials are and if you’ve tried any of mine. Which product couldn’t you live without?

Sarah x

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try Bourjous Healthy Mix foundation! It's good great. A product I couldn't love without would be... My makeup revolution eyebrow kit! It's just perfect.

    Style Storms
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing, its my everyday foundation now that i have a bit more colour in my face! Ooo never seen it but will definitely take a look, love a good eyebrow product!

    Great to hear from you!

    Becky xxx

    ReplyDelete